Saturday, January 21, 2006

From Smartphone to Pocket PC Phone

Well I finally made my mind up, and have ordered a new MDA Vario from T-mobile (good review at Coolsmartphone). Having been with Orange for years now, it seems strange to be leaving, but they didn't seem to be in any hurry to keep me. I must have joined Orange maybe 15 years ago now, and have never been with anyone else - there's a little bit inside me that feels like I'm cheating on someone! Trouble is they seem to have gone off the boil recently, and that together with the extraordinary deal T-mobile have put together, giving you 40Mb a month of data, plus the fact that Orange are not releasing the SPV M3000 (their version of the MDA Vario) in the UK has sealed the deal.

So why the MDA Vario, or HTC Wizard to give it it's proper title? Well I guess the main thing I've been looking for is a bigger screen and the ability to run more complex programs, plus those 40Mb to make mobile browsing an every day reality as opposed to a luxury.

I moved over to Smartphone some years ago with the first 'decent' Smartphone (according to some, the MPX200. That went through some upgrades and then I moved on to the SPV C500. It's become an integral part of my life, whether it's home life or work life, but as I've used it more and more it's limitations have become more obvious.

Anyhow - I'm rambling. New phone arrive svery soon, so I'll wait and see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails