Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kudos to Kenwood, Customer Service to be Celebrated

I must admit I have something of a reputation for writing extensive reviews for disappointing service. I love the way the web allows someone as insignificant as me to have a voice that can spread so much further and wider than was previously possible, and there's something deeply satisfying about doing your little bit to stand up to bullies. But that said I recognise that I don't perhaps write quite as often as I should about the good things in life. Thought I'd go some way to mending that by writing about my recent experience with Kenwood.

I needed a new food processor last year as my old Moulinex Ovatio gave up the ghost, so bought a Kenwood FP950 Multi Pro Libra Food Processor. Been very happy with it overall (love the fact that it can weigh food as you add it), but not so long ago part of the mechanism that locks the bowl in place snapped off. It still worked OK most of the time, but it was a bit weird to have such an expensive piece of kit break. I have various Kenwood tools (including one of their very first generation Chefs, still a stalwart in the kitchen) but the rest are generally well built.


Broken safety switch - now that shouldn't happen

Anyhow, to cut a short story even shorter I contacted Kenwood about this, and after a few emails back and forth they were satisfied purely on the basis of the photos that I supplied that it was a problem with the machine, and a brand new bowl arrived this morning, no charge.


Brand new bowl, no charge - now that should happen!

The machine was out of warranty by the time I contacted them, and although I know there are further European laws I could have tried I think in stands in Kenwood's credit - and for that matter Zoe Hall from Kenwood who dealt with it - that what could have become a long winded and difficult situation was dealt with efficiently and appropriately. One happy customer, many thanks Kenwood, and Zoe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails